Sherwood Mechanical’s dedication to its clients begins well before the contract is even awarded. From conceptual drawings to plans and spec projects, we provide our customers with a detailed scope of work and project pricing. We review all project documents and plans in order to provide our clients a complete and competitive budget or bid in the time frame that they require.
Our Estimating Team will:
- Provide pricing for conceptual drawings, design build, and plans and specs
- Provide detailed pricing breakout
- Provide a detailed scope of work based on project documents
- Lump Sum, GMP, T & M, Unit Pricing etc.
- Manage scope and costs associated with a budget proposal as the project evolves
- Provide project specific proposals as needed, including prequalification information, project team, experience, references, schedule coordination, preliminary systems analysis and project alternatives
We help our clients complete each and every project in the most cost effective and professional manner possible. We prefer to work with our clients in a proactive, rather than reactive manner. Just one method we use to emulate this goal is Value Engineering. Through Value Engineering we are able to help our clients reduce both construction (material and labor) and operating costs. The process of Value Engineering begins at the onset of the bid process and continues through the completion of the project.
Value Engineering at a Glance:
- Reduced construction costs
- Reduced operating costs
- Improved constructability
- Alternative fixtures, systems, equipment and pipe
- Professional VE submittals and drawings for clear understanding
Building with our community’s sustainable future in mind, we offer LEED Accredited Professional assistance and participation for our clients and their projects. We help determine costs of specific LEED contributing fixtures, equipment, and systems that impact payback period calculations and aid in developing design build scenarios including constructability. Looking specifically at LEED-NC v3.0 for New Construction, SMI can directly participate in earning the following LEED Credits and indirectly participate in many others not listed:
Credit 6.1: Stormwater Design – Quality Control
Credit 6.2: Stormwater Design – Quality Control
Prerequisite 1: Water Use Reduction
Credit 1: Water Efficient Landscaping
Credit 2: Innovative Wastewater Technologies
Credit 3: Water Use Reduction
Energy & Atmosphere:
Credit 6.1: Stormwater Design – Quality Control
Credit 6.2: Stormwater Design – Quality Control
Materials & Resources:
Credit 2: Construction Waste Management.
Indoor Environmental Quality:
Credit 4.1: Low-Emitting Materials – Adhesives and Sealants
Innovation in Design:
Credit 1: Innovation in Design
Our goal is to be the most positive contributor among the construction team to the success of every project. We believe effective preplanning and coordination is the key to achieving this goal. Our Building Information Modeling (BIM) team combines the trade experience and technological capability necessary to provide the highest quality pre-construction planning in the business. We are constantly refining and expanding our processes to make use of the latest technologies in this fast-developing field.
Our focus on preplanning sets us apart. Rather than seeing this as a necessary evil to minimally satisfy our contractual obligations, we believe pre-construction planning is the project and we approach it accordingly.
Design Build/Design Assist
Coordination is key to any successful project. During the design development phase we help our clients make their conceptual design a reality. This process is used to minimize the project risk for an owner and to reduce the delivery schedule by overlapping the design phase and construction phase of a project.
We will work with the Mechanical Engineer or our in-house design team beginning with design development through the completion of the project to:
- Identify and help resolve constructability issues
- Identify opportunities to enhance the project value
- Identify LEED sustainability opportunities – LEED professionals on staff
- Provide assistance with the selection process of materials, systems, means and methods
- Participate and/or host coordination meetings
- Manage the scope and costs
3D CAD Coordination
We’ve been coordinating with CAD since 1998. In 2001, we started using 3D CAD in order to streamline the generation of prefabrication drawings. Recently, we added Navisworks to our detailing routine and we now draw everything in 3D, while continuing to improve our processes.
We offer the following services to our clients:
- Model systems in 3D format that can be shared with all disciplines
- Participate in Building Information Modeling (BIM) to increase productivity and design efficiency
- Collision checking and visualization using Navisworks
- Material and maintenance data stored in Navisworks model for the end-user’s benefit
- Systems are prefabricated out of the 3D model, packaged, and shipped directly to the install location
We provide a means for a supply of safe water, which is ample in volume and of suitable temperature for the purpose intended, as well as, the proper disposal of fluid waste from the premises in all structures and fixed works.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Above Ground Fuel Storage and Piping
- Laboratory Piping
- Acid Waste Systems
- Medical Gas Piping
- Natural Gas and LP Systems
- Domestic and Industrial Hot and Cold Water
- Process Piping
- Grey Water Systems
- Sanitary Waste and Vent
- Hot Oil Piping
- Solar Piping
- HVAC Wet Piping
- Steam Piping
- Industrial Piping
- Storm Drain Systems
Quality control is paramount with our group of professionals, from the office to the field staff, they have the experience and the tools to make sure the final product is beyond expectations of the owners.
In order to achieve this objective we:
- Provide ongoing safety training and professional
- Installation Standards
- Pre-Task Planning
- Plumbing Code Review
- Craft Training
- Testing Procedures
- Design, coordinate, pre-fabricate, and test systems and assemblies prior to installation
- Generate and execute an in-house quality control project-specific check list
- Perform on-going project inspections conducted by Superintendents, Project Managers, Safety Managers and Owners
- Follow up with contractors and owners
Our pre-fabrication department provides cutting edge efficiency that every client desires. Pre-fabrication not only saves time and money but also reduces the amount of space and manpower needed onsite and ensures a quality, defect free product. This practice also reduces jobsite trash, promotes recycling and provides just in time delivery.
Our fabrication facility works two-fold. In addition to the value it provides our clients, it also allows us to provide a safe and controlled training environment for our plumbing apprentices.
Types of pre-fabrication assemblies can include:
- Custom Fabrication
- Storm drains
- Waste and vent
- Fixture Carriers
- Hangers and Brackets
We know that our clients need contractors that they can rely on to commission a building in a professional manner. We work with our clients to provide the building owner with a project that is operationally complete, in compliance with the plans, and specifications, and operationally and functionally ready to be taken over. By commissioning our projects we ensure that our clients are receiving the product they want at the quality level they are expecting.
Commissioning a building includes:
- Verifying the operation of system components under various conditions
- Verifying interactions between systems and subsystems
- Documenting system performance in reference to the design criteria
- Instructing operators how to operate the building systems and equipment
We understand the closeout process is just as important to the project’s overall success as bidding and construction. In our eyes, a project is not complete until the Owner is completely satisfied. We go above and beyond to ensure that both our clients’ and the Building Owners’ expectations have been met.
We provide our customers with the following during the closeout process:
- As- Built Drawings (Hard copy, CD and, Electronic formats)
- Attic Stock
- Customer Survey
- Lien Releases
- Onsite Owner Training
- Operation and Maintenance Manuals
- Valve Charts
- Warranty Certificates
- Quality Control Reports
Service-Repair and Warranty
We offer our clients qualified technicians that are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We make sure all of our clients have fully functioning systems as per the original performance specifications.
- Backflow Repair and Certification
- Camera Sewer and Storm Lines
- Fixture Repair
- Floods and Water Damage Repairs
- Hot Water Heater Repair
- Leak Detection
- Remediation and Restoration
- Sewer and Storm Backup Repairs
- Systems and Equipment Troubleshooting
- Service + Maintenance Contracts
Our Maintenance program can improve the life expectancy of the products, systems and components and decreases excessive and preventable warranty calls. This program includes a menu matrix that is tailored specifically for each project.
Maintenance Program includes:
- Cleaning Filters and Strainers
- Cleaning Tanks and Regulators
- Detailed Equipment
- Fixture and System Analysis
- Maintenance Scheduling
- Routine Inspections
- Service and Adjustments
- Certification of Back Flows
Emergency after hours phone number (858) 679-3000 ext. 911